AAR- Konflikt '47 at GreenfireGames

Here is where you will find our bat-reps, complete with photos!
jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:52 pm

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Imagine a world where the 2nd world war didn't end in 1945. Nuclear experiments led to the creation of "rift technology", and the powers are using these new weapons to further their agendas. Walkers and tesla tanks are fighting against German Zombies and Russian bear-men. Welcome to World War II, 1947. Konflikt '47 is a "weird" WWII extension of Bolt Action by Warlord Games in conjunction with Clockwork Goblin Miniatures. It is based on the first edition Bolt Action rules with some notable additions, including reactions. Tim and I tried it for the first time at Greenfire Games. We played a 750 ...

timlillig
Huemaster

Re: AAR- Konflikt '47 at GreenfireGames

Postby timlillig » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:30 pm

Thanks for writing the report, good game. And thanks to Greenfire for hosting.
-Tim

gattz
Final Highlights

Postby gattz » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:24 am

There isn't a rock-paper-scissors model of damage, but there are two levels of damage and armor. Vehicles and walkers have a Damage Value that represents their armor. So regular troops are 4+ to damage, but my heavy tank was 10+. This is counteracted by weapons' penetration value, which is added to the damage roll.

I'm pretty sure Josh had more penetration bonuses than I did, and his heavy infantry also had a higher damage value, so that didn't help me either.

jlopatin
Karled

Re: AAR- Konflikt '47 at GreenfireGames

Postby jlopatin » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:03 pm

The tank v. Tank would have been much more effective had we both rolled better. I actually hit Tim's tank 2 times... The first it caught fire, but Tim managed to put it out with a good morale roll. The 2nd time was superficial.

The bazooka was a great roll. Tim's shots against my tanks were equally unlucky.

Any anti tank has a good chance of taking out the walkers. I tried to shoot at Tim's but missed. Interesting note- walkers can't take objectives. Only infantry can. So I really used the walker as cover for the bazooka team, and as a distraction while I moved the heavies up.

It felt fairly well balanced to me. Infantry dies quite easily, and my win really came down to the dice being on my side the whole game. If Tim had taken out my tank, or focused his attention on the heavy troops, it would have been a different outcome. His flank manouver with the walker really took me by surprise!
- Josh

Return to “After Action Battle Reports”