How is everyone?

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Michael S.
Final Highlights

How is everyone?

Postby Michael S. » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:13 am

Hi all,
How is everyone doing? I see the last message here dates from July. Is anyone doing any gaming / modeling? I know it has been hard with the pandemic to have get-togethers. I am back on leave from my work after they closed down for a second time this year. I have also had a numbers of things happen in my life this year. This has been a heck of a year I hope everyone is fine and doing well, all things considering. Here’s hoping 2021 will be better.
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Re: How is everyone?

Postby Eilif » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:41 am

Hey Mike,
Thanks for sending up the baloon. Things are good here. I'm continuing as at-home-dad and defacto teacher's aide to my kids who are doing distance learning.

Haven't been doing any wargaming but I had some fun with Heroquest and my kids. Erika and I joined a D&D group. My first pen-and-paper role playing campaign and it has been alot of fun. I also joined a model railroad club in Oak Park and railroading has been scratching the hobbying itch.

Sorry to hear about your job situation. Do you think it will be better post-covid?
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:49 am

I've also been paying D&D and some card games online.I also picked up a video game- No Man's Sky.

My library is closed to the public, but we still do pickups of things on hold and my job of keeping the catalog and ebooks working is basically the same.

Other than that, we had a covid scare when my wife was feeling sick about a month ago. Her test came back negative and she felt better after a week or so, so I guess it was something else.

I'm not really anywhere near ready to play games in person, but I've been thinking a bit about painting up an army but waffling on what army or even what game it would be for.
-Tim

jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:26 am

I have been keeping quite busy with music projects. I've produced 2 records, and some singles, and am in the middle of 2 more records right now. That's what is really keeping me busy (besides work, which is 100% remote now).

I've also done some minor home improvements. We lost a pup, but gained another. It's been a really rough year for so many people, but I have been quite lucky so far.

No hobbying, although I have got some board gaming in with the wife. I've also been running a Call of Cthulhu campaign for a group, and I play in anothe RPG group. We were playing Zweihander, but are taking a short break for that, and doing a short Aliens campaign.

Michael- When do you think you'll be able to go back to work?
- Josh

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:35 am

Hi everyone,
I don’t think that the museum will open soon. The last layoff I was out of work for about 3 months. Being off from work has not been too bad though, since it allows me time to recuperate from surgery. I had a cancerous tumor removed from my left kidney. The doctor said he got it all and being stage one I do not have to go for chemo or radiation.
I have been painting up miniatures and creating some scenery. Some of it for pulp gaming.
Hey Karl, D&D sounds like fun. I would like to try some RPGs.
Hi Tim, I am very glad your wife is OK. My family has had some covid tests when feeling sick. Lucky they have all been negative.
Hey Josh, Sorry to hear about your pup. Your music work sound impressive! Call of Cthulhu sounds great! I am a big H.P. fan.
Take care all and bye for now

mpc2160
Wild Thing

Postby mpc2160 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:41 pm

Hi everybody, I guess I haven't been coming by here for a while and missed this. Last year was pretty crazy but I got a lot of hobby done and I started a new job. I'm still with Aramark, but I left Soldier Field for NorthShore Hospitals up in Evanston. It meant I got to keep working and didn't get furloughed/laid off with everyone else. And I got my Covid vaccine shot in January which I was not expecting. I had some crazy side-effects but was up and running within a few days.

On the hobby front, I painted tons of spaceships and other figures, especially from GW and CMON. I also finally got all my naval ships stored away nice and safe. It only took 37 boxes for my 1/3000 scale fleets and 20 boxes for my 1/6000 scale fleets. While I was working on the create storage project of January and February I basically stopped working on models but now I'm painting like mad again. I really want to get out and game again at some point. I drive by the Dice Dojo every day on my way home and am about 40 minutes away from Games Plus.

Return to “Let's talk about games!”