40K Epic

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Michael S.
Final Highlights

40K Epic

Postby Michael S. » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:39 am

Hi all,
I found Pz 8 Sci-Fi rules listed as a CSW set of rules. This was back in 2013. Does anyone have 40K Epic miniatures? I do and was wondering if anyone would like to play these rules sometime. I would enjoy playing 40K Epic rules as well. Thanks.
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Re: 40K Epic

Postby Eilif » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:58 pm

If it's the one here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12
Its an update to the game we did to clarify a few minor points and accommodate the 10mm rebased MechWarrior figures we were playing. The expanded army list is just built off the formula in the rules so folks wouldn't have to do the math.

There's a few battle reports on the blog. Its a fun and fast Beer and Pretzels game that I'd be willing to play someday, but right now all my gaming desire is really focused on KoW.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:13 am

Hi Karl,
Thank you for the info.
Michael

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:37 pm

I also have plenty of Mech Warrior figs, but nothing specifically for Epic 40k. I never played those rules , but I would try them.

I don't really remember PZ8. As far as games we have used those Mech Warrior figs for, I do remember liking Future War Commander and wanting to play Alpha Strike more.

I have a bunch of extra buildings from Giga Robo I have been meaning to make some city terrain out of. I have not gotten around to that project yet. Maybe after i have all my equipment for Adepticon in order.
-Tim

gattz
Final Highlights

Postby gattz » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:59 am

At some point I'd be down to give Epic40k a shot. I have a bunch of old minis from various ebay lots, and I believe the rulesets for Space Marine and Armageddon. I know there were several versions and it was always a little unclear to me which rules for "Epic" people generally assume by default. I think there a fan-maintained ones now.
But with Adepticon coming up my prep work is focused mainly on that, so it would be some months before I could have a presentable army.

Speaking of which, perhaps we should make an Adepticon headcount of attendees?

mpc2160
Wild Thing

Postby mpc2160 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:46 am

I'm running a WW2 game at Adepticon using the Panzer 8 rules and I think we did a few games using the sci-fi rules years ago at Games Plus. I don't have a lot of Epic 40k minis but I do have a ton of 6mm sci-fi minis from GZG and Brigade Miniatures. I'm also working on 3mm 40k from Vanguard Minis in the UK and PicoArmor/OO. I'd love to do some sci-fi gaming in a small scale using the Panzer 8 rules. They are so easy to use and loads of fun.

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:14 pm

Hi all,
Let me know when ever someone is ready to play 40K Epic, or use the Panzer 8 rules. I am open to both. I do have scenery that I made for Epic.
Michael

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:21 pm

Late to the party. Have been out of the loop and gaming in general for a while but have some Epic 40k armies primarily Ork, Marine and Knight Titan (some painted some not) and old-school rulebooks. Would be interested in playing.

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:57 am

Hi Jon,
It is nice to hear from you! I have some small forces, Dark Angles Space Marines (486 points) and Bad Moon Orks (272 points), painted. When can you get together for a game? I can paint some more miniatures in the meantime.
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:56 pm

Jackswift wrote:Late to the party. Have been out of the loop and gaming in general for a while but have some Epic 40k armies primarily Ork, Marine and Knight Titan (some painted some not) and old-school rulebooks. Would be interested in playing.

Dude!
Great to hear from you. How are things?
I have recollections of playing vs those Epic walkers in what I think was either Mech Attack or Panzer 8. Maybe Alpha Strike?
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Return to “Let's talk about games!”