Chicago Skirmish Wargames youtube and blog program

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Michael S.
Final Highlights

Chicago Skirmish Wargames youtube and blog program

Postby Michael S. » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:46 am

Gentlemen,
I was thinking about various gaming youtube and blog programs and was wondering if we have the desire and / or expertise to do one. We could feature our games, but could also do more. I could talk about the early days of G.W. and show models that were inspired by Rogue Trader that I made. Karl could talk about various materials that he comes across to make terrain and where he finds things. Other members may want to talk about their collections. Just an idea. Let me know what you think. Would this require a lot of tech equipment / cost?
Michael

P.S. Is anyone adding information to our Facebook page?

gattz
Final Highlights

Re: Chicago Skirmish Wargames youtube and blog program

Postby gattz » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:42 pm

I've bounced around with the idea of video batreps. I used to stream painting and d&d sessions. The actual monetary cost of filming is low with webcams and even phone cameras being pretty high quality now. Decent lighting is needed too.

The time investment is much higher. Editing can take a lot of time. :-/

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:35 am

Hey Michael,
I've considered doing audio or visual stuff but before but it's not something I'm really interested in. I've been in a couple of livestreamed games back when Greenfire was doing it, but that's about it. I have some difficulty carving out time to do simple blogs, and making a video battle report well edited, engaging ,etc is tough and can take ALOT of time. At some point I would like to get on someone else's podcast or two and talk about our group, but that's alot different from me owning/editing/producing one.

That said if you wanted to do some video content and add it to the blog and facebook page, that would probably be fine. I don't have Facebook, but I think Josh is/was the one managing that, I'd reach out to him to see about the page and the viability of video content.

As for tech, I think that depends on what quality you're shooting for. You can do amazing things with a high end smart phone, but if you want a mic capable of realy high quality audio, have more than one camera, etc... those things all cost money.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:04 pm

I also manage our facebook, to some degree.

As far as A/V, i'm also not really interested in taking that on as an additional hobby.
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:11 pm

timlillig wrote: as an additional hobby.

That kind of sums it up I think. AV is a whole additional hobby.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:42 pm

Hi all,
Thank you for your input.
Michael

Return to “Let's talk about games!”