October 23rd Game Night

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Michael S.
Final Highlights

October 23rd Game Night

Postby Michael S. » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:11 pm

Hi all,
I am offering an invitation to come to my house on Monday October 23rd for our game get-to-gether. Feel free to come at 6:00 to 6:30. We just finished remodeling our basement and I want to have a sort of gaming grand opening / Halloween game event for our group. I am thinking of us playing Grimdark Future on that day. Depending on who can attend we can play two separate games or one. I will have two tables setup. Please let me know if you can attend.
Thanks,
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Re: October 23rd Game Night

Postby Eilif » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:01 am

Hi Michael,
I'm in. Looking forward to it!

If anyone needs an army for Grimdark Future, let me know and I can provide one.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:20 pm

I'll plan to be there.
How many points do you want to play? I'll try to have my plague marines ready.
-Tim

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:41 pm

Hi Guys,
I was thinking it would depend on how many players would be there. If it is just Karl, Tim and myself we could play 2,000 points a side. That would be one player using a 2,000 point army and the other two players working together with 1,000 points each. If we have four players we can play two separate games with 2,000 points a side. On one table I was going to setup my 40K cities terrain. If we do two games the other one would be my table with some trenches and bunkers that I made about 20 years ago.

Depending on what armies’ people would like to bring I can field the following:
2,000 points of Tyranids, which I can use if playing against others, since I do not think anyone has a Tyranid army and they do not ally with any other forces.

2,000 points of Chaos Space Marines, which I can break down to 1,000 points if playing with someone who has a chaos force.

2,000 points of Orks, which again can be cut down to 1,000.

2,000 points of loyal Space Marines, which again can be cut down to 1,000.
Thanks,
Michael

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:51 pm

I expect I will also be able to join for this one. I can bring Orks, Eldar, Sisters of Battle, or Thousand Sons. Leaning toward Eldar or Sisters since I have not yet had either on the table in recent memory. Should be able to get to 2k points with any of those.

ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Postby ccprince » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:37 am

I'm hoping to join in, too! I'll still need to borrow an army. (I'm still planning to start building one for myself. Just need to actually get the time to dig in...)

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:11 am

I'd love to join as well! I can bring my Quarmy in whatever points value makes sense.

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:00 pm

Hi all,
It looks like there will be 6 of us playing. I have two large tables that I can set up for Grimdark Future and a slightly smaller table for skirmish games. We can do two againest two at one large Grimdark table / game and maybe two playing Grimdark on the other large table. Or some can play skirmish games. If some want to play skirmish I can set-up my Halloween Fear and Faith game where players are trying to seek shelter from Zombies. Let me know what you think. I am open to playing Grimdark Future or skirmish games.
Michael

ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Postby ccprince » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:48 pm

I'd be totally into some smaller games -- I've been dying to play more Space Weirdos, and I've actually got a squad printed up. With this much lead time, even I (the slowest painter on the block) could have them ready to play. Or, if we wanted to stick to OPR games, I ought to be able to come up with a squad for that, too.

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:09 pm

Hi Charlie,
Space Weidos it is! I just got the rules a little while back so I will review them and put together a force.

Karl, Tim, Jon and Mattias can play one on one at each of the Grimdark Future tables I will have set up. I will set up a smaller table for Charlie and myself. Karl just so you know, one side of my bunker and trenches set-up has a Dark Angels touch to it. if you bring a D.A. army you may want to use that side. Although any army can use that side of the table.

I will be serving food so come hungry.
Michael

Return to “Let's talk about games!”