Gaming on Monday Feb 12

Anything gaming related is fair game.
ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Re: Gaming on Monday Feb 12

Postby ccprince » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:44 pm

FYI -- I've tweaked my list a bit. Here's my list for the 2000-point part of the army.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
++ Robot Legions (v3.2.0) [GF 2000pts] ++

Annihilator Lord [1] Q3+ D3+ | 185pts | Ambush, Hero, Robot, Self-Repair, Strider, Tough(6), 1x Overseer(Royal March)
Lord Gauss Pistol (12", A2, Rending), Hyper Sword (A3, AP(1), Rending)
| Joined to:
Warriors [5] Q4+ D4+ | 115pts | Robot, Self-Repair, Slow
5x CCW (A1), 5x Gauss Rifle (24", A1, Rending)

Guardians [5] Q3+ D3+ | 145pts | Robot, Self-Repair, Slow, Combat Shields(Shield Wall)
5x Hyper Sword (A2, AP(1), Rending)

Guardians [5] Q3+ D3+ | 140pts | Robot, Self-Repair, Slow
5x War Scythe (A2, AP(2))

Robot Lord [1] Q3+ D3+ | 95pts | Hero, Robot, Self-Repair, Slow, Tough(3), 1x Overseer(Royal March)
CCW (A3), Lord Gauss Pistol (12", A2, Rending)
| Joined to:
Eternals [5] Q3+ D2+ | 235pts | Robot, Self-Repair, Slow
5x CCW (A1), 5x Heavy Gauss Rifle (24", A2, Rending)

Tri-Scorpions [3] Q3+ D3+ | 260pts | Robot, Self-Repair, Strider, Tough(3)
3x Dual Reaper Blades (A4, AP(2))

Annihilators [3] Q3+ D3+ | 280pts | Ambush, Robot, Self-Repair, Strider, Tough(3)
3x Dual Hyper Swords (A4, AP(1), Rending)

Hover Bikes [3] Q4+ D4+ | 235pts | Fast, Robot, Self-Repair, Strider, Tough(3)
3x CCW (A2), 3x Rapid Flux Carbine (18", A4, Flux)

Tripod Walker [1] Q3+ D2+ | 310pts | Fear(1), Robot, Self-Repair, Strider, Tough(6)
Stomp (A2, AP(1)), Rapid Ray Caster (30", A6, AP(2), Lock-On)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:06 pm

Michael S. wrote:Hello Everyone,
I have not heard back from Mattias since Wednesday. I had emailed him here, but have not heard if he wants to play Blood Bowl and what team he may bring. If I do not hear from him by tomorrow, just asking if I can squeeze into the Grimdark game?
Thank you,
Michael

Of course. Don't bring an army though as the table will be pretty crowded. We can fit you in on one of the teams with a detachment to control.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:41 am

Michael S. wrote:Hello Everyone,
I have not heard back from Mattias since Wednesday. I had emailed him here, but have not heard if he wants to play Blood Bowl and what team he may bring. If I do not hear from him by tomorrow, just asking if I can squeeze into the Grimdark game?
Thank you,
Michael

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner! Yes I'm down for more blood bowl. I'll be bringing my humans again--I still haven't painted my other teams

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:38 am

ccprince wrote:FYI -- I've tweaked my list a bit. Here's my list for the 2000-point part of the army.

++ Robot Legions (v3.2.0) [GF 2000pts] ++

Annihilator Lord [1] Q3+ D3+ | 185pts | Ambush, Hero, Robot, Self-Repair, Strider, Tough(6), 1x Overseer(Royal March)
Lord Gauss Pistol (12", A2, Rending), Hyper Sword (A3, AP(1), Rending)
| Joined to:
Warriors [5] Q4+ D4+ | 115pts | Robot, Self-Repair, Slow
5x CCW (A1), 5x Gauss Rifle (24", A1, Rending)

Guardians [5] Q3+ D3+ | 145pts | Robot, Self-Repair, Slow, Combat Shields(Shield Wall)
5x Hyper Sword (A2, AP(1), Rending)

Guardians [5] Q3+ D3+ | 140pts | Robot, Self-Repair, Slow
5x War Scythe (A2, AP(2))

Robot Lord [1] Q3+ D3+ | 95pts | Hero, Robot, Self-Repair, Slow, Tough(3), 1x Overseer(Royal March)
CCW (A3), Lord Gauss Pistol (12", A2, Rending)
| Joined to:
Eternals [5] Q3+ D2+ | 235pts | Robot, Self-Repair, Slow
5x CCW (A1), 5x Heavy Gauss Rifle (24", A2, Rending)

Tri-Scorpions [3] Q3+ D3+ | 260pts | Robot, Self-Repair, Strider, Tough(3)
3x Dual Reaper Blades (A4, AP(2))

Annihilators [3] Q3+ D3+ | 280pts | Ambush, Robot, Self-Repair, Strider, Tough(3)
3x Dual Hyper Swords (A4, AP(1), Rending)

Hover Bikes [3] Q4+ D4+ | 235pts | Fast, Robot, Self-Repair, Strider, Tough(3)
3x CCW (A2), 3x Rapid Flux Carbine (18", A4, Flux)

Tripod Walker [1] Q3+ D2+ | 310pts | Fear(1), Robot, Self-Repair, Strider, Tough(6)
Stomp (A2, AP(1)), Rapid Ray Caster (30", A6, AP(2), Lock-On)

Cool.
If you want you can add something to fill the difference between that and the Monolith and 3000k.

Also, Charlie and Tim, for future games you guys don't have to reveal your lists ahead of time if you don't want to. It's ok to, but I didn't react anyone to feel pressured to do so.

For fairness, I'll post mine if I find time to get it done during the day.
-Karl

ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Postby ccprince » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:53 am

Eilif wrote:Cool.
If you want you can add something to fill the difference between that and the Monolith and 3000k.

Ah! I didn't realize the monolith was so cheap -- 505 points -- so I'll throw the rest of my army in, and that brings me up to what, 2935, including he Prison Monolith? Close enough to 3K for me. :-)

Eilif wrote:Also, Charlie and Tim, for future games you guys don't have to reveal your lists ahead of time if you don't want to. It's ok to, but I didn't react anyone to feel pressured to do so.

I mostly posted mine to make sure I'm on the same page as the rest of y'all. I'm not worried about anyone tweaking lists to beat each other -- honestly, right now the theme of my army is, "Take all the models that look cool, and throw 'em together. Next game, I'll worry about what actually works." :-)

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:05 am

Hi Mattias,
No problem, it is good to hear from you. I will bring my orcs today. You had a box that seemed to be just the right size for your Blood Bowl game, may I ask where did you pick it up? Also just checking if you are bringing the board and game materials again. I can always bring mine if you want.
Thanks,
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:04 am

Does anyone has some craters they can bring? I'm looking at this book for scenario ideas and I could use some more craters. An imperial Bastion wouldn't hurt either.
IMG_20240212_095933340~2.jpg

I think you'll like what I'm cooking up ...
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:42 am

ccprince wrote: is, "Take all the models that look cool, and throw 'em together. Next game, I'll worry about what actually works." :-)

That describes how much of the club operates all the time!
:D

If you want something extra nasty for your force, you could field the Monolith as the Death Fortress. It's a pretty big model.
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:43 am

Michael S. wrote:Hi Mattias,
No problem, it is good to hear from you. I will bring my orcs today. You had a box that seemed to be just the right size for your Blood Bowl game, may I ask where did you pick it up? Also just checking if you are bringing the board and game materials again. I can always bring mine if you want.
Thanks,
Michael

If you need something to keep your Blood Bowl game in, I've got a variety of boxes you can take a look at.
-Karl

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:17 pm

Michael S. wrote:Hi Mattias,
Thanks,
Michael

Yup, I'll bring the materials again! This is the box I use, bought it ages ago: https://obhenterprises.com/GameSavers.php

MSD

Return to “Let's talk about games!”