Mordheim summer campaign discussion.

Anything gaming related is fair game.
ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Re: Mordheim summer campaign discussion.

Postby ccprince » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:29 am

I've been reading through the Mordheim rules, and so far, they seem to make sense. (A few more tables than I usually like, but I can manage. :-) )

Does someone have a warband they can lend me?

JamesWrecks
Basecoated

Postby JamesWrecks » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

ccprince wrote:Does someone have a warband they can lend me?

A better question is, "What do you want to play?" I think between us, we got enough minis for some flavor of what you want. Just let me know what you want and I think I can get pretty close. 8-)

If we're starting in June, I can bring my fantasy minis and see what you want to do.

(Alternatively, the Wizkids D&D minis are 2 for $6 and work well for a warband... You've got plenty of time to slap some paint on them and write a bit of background.)

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:02 pm

ccprince wrote:I've been reading through the Mordheim rules, and so far, they seem to make sense. (A few more tables than I usually like, but I can manage. :-) )

Does someone have a warband they can lend me?

Definitely can do . There's a couple folks in this thread who have mentioned forces they won't be using. Otherwise, let us know what your interested in and we'll see what we can come up with.

D&D figures are ok, but I do think it would be cool to hew relatively closely to the Mordheim or oldhammer aesthetic.

If you want to try your hand at doing a mercenary warband, this set is spot on for the same aesthetic and has a ton of options much like the original GW Mordheim sprue.

https://wargamesatlantic.com/products/conquistadors

Has enough figures for 2 forces! I might be willing to split such a box...
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

JamesWrecks
Basecoated

Postby JamesWrecks » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:45 pm

Also got these Pirate looking ones from Adepticon. You can have them for free. :)
Attachments
PXL_20240415_194141196.jpg

ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Postby ccprince » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:50 pm

I kinda want to play something non-human. My faction in Freeblades is all people, so I'd like to do something a little different. :-)

That said, I almost certainly don't have enough time to build a warband before we start next week. Hmm ... maybe I could print up some of OPR's "Ratmen" models, and call 'em Skaven...

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:37 pm

ccprince wrote:I kinda want to play something non-human. My faction in Freeblades is all people, so I'd like to do something a little different. :-)

That said, I almost certainly don't have enough time to build a warband before we start next week. Hmm ... maybe I could print up some of OPR's "Ratmen" models, and call 'em Skaven...

I think we may have some crossed wires. IIRC, the proposed start date for the campaign is June. You got a little time yet.

A skaven/ratmen warband sounds awesome!
-Karl

JamesWrecks
Basecoated

Postby JamesWrecks » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:47 pm

Yes-yes? I have a few Skaven and 20 Plague Monks. See the pic. Will that help?
Attachments
PXL_20240416_034436773.jpg

ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Postby ccprince » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 am

Eilif wrote:I think we may have some crossed wires. IIRC, the proposed start date for the campaign is June. You got a little time yet.

Hah! Yeah, clearly, I missed that. :-D I thought we were starting right in. OK, if I have a couple months, maybe I can get some "totally not Skavens" made up before we start.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:55 pm

ccprince wrote:
Eilif wrote:I think we may have some crossed wires. IIRC, the proposed start date for the campaign is June. You got a little time yet.

Hah! Yeah, clearly, I missed that. :-D I thought we were starting right in. OK, if I have a couple months, maybe I can get some "totally not Skavens" made up before we start.

Ha! I was wondering, because one of my first impressions of you and your robot army was of someone who paints cool stuff, pretty fast.

2 months is enough that even I could probably get 10 figs done. :D
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:10 pm

Hi all,
Here are some Mordeim Campaign ideas I said I would post. We can use this as a jumping off point for designing our campaign.
Michael
Attachments
27TenPlayersOneCampaign.pdf
(401.13 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
The WarpStones Belong To Us.pdf
(329.8 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Campaign Setup.docx
(16.38 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Return to “Let's talk about games!”