Song of Blades and Heroes questions

Anything gaming related is fair game.
ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Song of Blades and Heroes questions

Postby ccprince » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:05 pm

This week's Tabletop Minions video was all about the joys of "simple games," and he brought up Song of Blades and Heroes. Remembering that it's a club favorite, I went ahead and picked up a copy of the PDF and watched some playthroughs.

I do like the "roll up to three dice to get up to three actions, but two failures is bad" mechanism -- more risk, more reward, made pretty simple. But, I'm not quite sure I understand how it works.

So, imagine I'm playing against Karl, and we've got got two models on the table: CA, CB, KA, KB. I activate CA, rolling three dice but only getting one success. I do my one action, and hand it off to Karl. Karl plays it safe, giving KA and KB a single die roll each. He's played everything he's got, so now it's my turn again.

At this point, which of my models can I activate? Is it only CB, because it's the only model that hasn't activated yet? Or are both CA and CB eligible because it's a brand-new turn?

timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Song of Blades and Heroes questions

Postby timlillig » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:16 pm

You can activate either model. Who has activated is not tracked after a turnover.
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:18 pm

Charlie is getting into SBH...

You're one of us now for sure! :D

Thanks for the heads up about the video. About time Adam dug into SBH. Definitely a game I'm almost always up for.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Postby ccprince » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:58 pm

timlillig wrote:You can activate either model. Who has activated is not tracked after a turnover.

That's what I thought. But then, I watched a playthrough where his scenario had a water ogre popping up out of the pond on a random turn, and I got a little lost trying to decide what a turn was...

Eilif wrote:Charlie is getting into SBH...

You're one of us now for sure! :D

True... :-D

Return to “Let's talk about games!”