Modeling Projects

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Michael S.
Final Highlights

Modeling Projects

Postby Michael S. » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:13 pm

Hi all,
I want to check to see what Modeling Projects members may be working on. Currently I am working on two simple bog terrain pieces for Turnip 28. This will finish my project on making 5 terrain pieces that are recommended for the basic Turnip 28 scenarios. I have already finished the 5 objective markers recommended. I also have two regiments completed. Is anyone working on anything for Turnip 28?

The second project I am working on is making two beadbots as shown on the Youtube site, ‘Bill Making Stuff’. If you have not seen his episodes I highly recommend them. He combines some very dry humor with great scratch built projects. The beadbots can be used with a game that he created called, ‘Bangarang in the Gutterlands’, a free arena robot combat game where each player commands one robot of four types. They are beadbots, junkers, uppers and meaty ones. He is supposed to be at AdeptiCon. I was thinking of going on Sunday and seeing if he has any Bangarang in the Gutterlands books for sale, although the game is free online, he has published some. Is anyone making any ‘Bill Making Stuff’ projects?
Thanks,
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Re: Modeling Projects

Postby Eilif » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:05 pm

Hey Michael,
I'm not familiar with "Bill Making Stuff" content, but I've heard him mentioned several places recently.

My current project is to finish up the last few N-scale buildings I've got.

The next big one is Necromunda/40k style gothic industrial walkway system. I have all the parts necessary. The system will be based several of these kind of towers.

s-l300.jpg
s-l300.jpg (8.63 KiB) Viewed 150 times

il_1140xN.3148881605_3dnv.jpg

I've got lots of railroad bridges and plenty of industrial tanks as well as everything necessary to greeble up the whole project. I'm hoping to find enough warm weather soon to start construction. Additionally, I think that by building two sizes of bridges and making all ladders freestanding I can make it dual scale for 1/56 and 1/18 (3.75" action figures).

Should also be completely compatible with my previous elevated train system. I have an idea for games where everything is elevated for a game where the table surface is counted as water or an impossibly deep cavern.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:19 pm

Bill Making Stuff kicks butt!

I've currently got the scratchbuild spaceship that I showed last meeting as my main modelling project. I posted some pics of that on my blog: https://mdarrow.blogspot.com/2024/03/brothership-i.html

Additionally, I've been very slowly -destroying- converting the Battle Master plastics that I got from Karl.

There's some Knights on Spindle-nags:
IMG_20240324_151133371.jpg

And a scratch built canon plus team and some head-swap infantry so far:
IMG_20240324_151140729.jpg

I hope to eventually have a whole Rank n' Flank force converting these minis, but in the short term, all I need to do is add some toffs to make a useable Turnip28 regiment.

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:44 pm

Got a few more modelling projects on the go now that I thought I'd share.

Sculpted a scorpion tail on this sort of lumpy old mini that's been in my collection for ages so he can finally do service as a mutant for my Mordheim Warband.

IMG_20240417_222253645~2.jpg

This old fella who has likewise been in my leadpile for years got a sculpted claw. He's mutant no. 2.
IMG_20240417_222155081~2.jpg

Here is one of my many (many, many) plastic battlemasters infantry that are the subject of my unholy experiments. This one lost his head and had it replaced with a dragon head. That dragon head was copied from my old Prince Tyrion model using oyumaru. He's going to be one of the possessed in my Mordheim warband.

IMG_20240417_222325150~3.jpg

Finally, I've been slowly rebasing those many battlemasters figures in preparation for further chaotic experiments.

IMG_20240414_202315408.jpg

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:07 am

Hi Mattias,
The conversions look great. I like the second one, the ‘moon head’ miniature. I have a question on the battlemasters miniatures. I was not familiar with the battlemasters game so I looked it up. I saw it is an old game from the early 90s, do you have the complete game or did you just acquire the miniatures for it?

Update: I finished my two bog terrain pieces for Turnip 28. I also completed one of my bead bots and am in the process of painting it. Two other projects started are a unit of Warhammer Goblins and finishing up figures for my Reikland Reavers Blood Bowl team.I will try to post some pics.
Thanks,
Michael

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:57 pm

Michael S. wrote:I have a question on the battlemasters miniatures. I was not familiar with the battlemasters game so I looked it up. I saw it is an old game from the early 90s, do you have the complete game or did you just acquire the miniatures for it?

I just bought the miniatures through one of Karl's connections. I really like the look of monopose armies and wanted to try my own with some chaotic conversions to spice it up.

Return to “Let's talk about games!”