Gaming April 22nd, 6:30PM

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Eilif
Toybasher

Gaming April 22nd, 6:30PM

Postby Eilif » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:02 pm

Hey Folks
Time to discuss what we're playing next week..
As usual, I'm up for most anything. Grimdark, AoF, Alpha Strike, Space Wierdos, etc, etc...

For a little change, if anyone is up for some board wargaming, I might be up for Battlelore or Imperial Assault.

It was mentioned by a couple people that the start time is not always clearly stated. Let's go for arrival around 6:30 with games going by 7. If it's best for folks work schedules to come early, let me know ahead of time and it's likely fine. I might be busy, but I'm fine with folks hanging out in the basement, especially if they want to help setup...
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Re: Gaming April 22nd, 6:30PM

Postby Mattias! » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:18 pm

I plan to be there! If Grimdark is on the menu, I'd be down to join in this time around. Also down for Space Weirdos, Blood Bowl, or I could run some YD&YD.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:49 am

I'm definitely down for Grimdark. Quar vs Space Apes?
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:11 am

Hi all,
Age of Fantasy was great last time if we play that. I am also up for Grimdark, Alpha Strike Space Weirdos, and If Mattias or anyone else wants Blood Bowl.
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:49 am

Mattias and Michael,
If it ends up being just the 3 of us, via Space Apes or Terminators (basically the same thing) I can easily stat up a big army without an overwhelming number of units. 4k for me vs 2k from each of you would be easy to do and still have a pretty fast-moving game.
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:47 am

Hi Karl,
If the three of us play Grimdark I can field 2,000 points of either my Chaos Space Marines, loyalist Space Marines, Orcs, or Tyranids. Although the Tyranids do not ally with anyone else so if I play with Mattias it would have to be one of the first three forces.
Michael

JamesWrecks
Basecoated

Postby JamesWrecks » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:45 pm

My car blew up on Friday. I already got another one lined up and everything, but I think that's going to eat up my entire day getting it replaced.

Don't count on me showing. If everything goes perfectly and I'm feeling up to it, I'll bring whatever thing you guys are doing and see if I can join... but that's a lot + work.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:23 am

JamesWrecks wrote:My car blew up on Friday. I already got another one lined up and everything, but I think that's going to eat up my entire day getting it replaced.

Don't count on me showing. If everything goes perfectly and I'm feeling up to it, I'll bring whatever thing you guys are doing and see if I can join... but that's a lot + work.

I'm so sorry dude. That's awful. Hope the replacement works out smoothly.

What happened? Are you ok?
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:33 am

Michael S. wrote:Hi Karl,
If the three of us play Grimdark I can field 2,000 points of either my Chaos Space Marines, loyalist Space Marines, Orcs, or Tyranids. Although the Tyranids do not ally with anyone else so if I play with Mattias it would have to be one of the first three forces.
Michael

What do you guys think about this: A battle on the Eastern Fringe on a Quar world. Ork Mercs have been hired with promise of Teef, loot and a good fight to assist the Quar against the Dark Angels who -depending on your perspective- are either bringers of the Emperor's light or oppressive alien invaders.

Do you guys have a preference for scenery? Dessert and forest are currently already in the basement as are the Stucco village and the industrial buildings I used for the Star Wars game.
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:37 am

Eilif wrote:
Michael S. wrote:Hi Karl,
Michael

Michael, 2000 points of orks would be ideal I think.

Mattias, you've got 2000 points right?

What do you guys think about this for the setup?:
A battle on the Eastern Fringe on a Quar world. Ork Mercs have been hired with promise of Teef, loot and a good fight to assist the Quar against the Dark Angels who -depending on your perspective- are either bringers of the Emperor's light or oppressive alien invaders.

Do you guys have a preference for scenery? Dessert and forest mats and terrain are currently already in the basement. For structures the Stucco village and the industrial buildings I used for the Star Wars game are there as well

If you have something else particular in mind, the garage is now straightened up enough that I can fetch it without too much trouble.
-Karl

Return to “Let's talk about games!”