Pirate party

Show us your painted mans!
jlopatin
Karled

Pirate party

Postby jlopatin » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:36 am

Last night some of us got together to make a group effort towards a huge project I have had on my painting table for quite some time...

IMG_20160620_221057184.jpg

Pirates! Yarr! We are only half done, but this was a huge help. This project is made better by all the different paint styles. I will schedule another pirate paint night soon, and will open it up to the whole group.

These pirates are a mix of privateer press, reaper, and a number of other manufacturers, all on scenic resin bases...

After they are done, i will have to start on the fleet of 28mm ships...
- Josh

Eilif
Toybasher

Re: Pirate party

Postby Eilif » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:56 am

Good time all around. Looking forward to the next one. Let's get those pirates finished!
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi Josh and Karl,
I have a copy of Ganesha Games Flashing Steel game. I have put a warband together using G.W. figures from Mordheim which have a pirate look to them. I also have a resin canoe and small raft which I painted, as well as a small sail boat I picked up from Hobby Lobby which doesn’t look too bad. Lastly I scratched built an orc ship. If anyone would like to try out the rules I would like to bring my miniatures with to play.
Michael

jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:45 pm

I would be willing to give it a try. There are some parts of that ruleset that seem a little over complicated. I have a half dozen different pirate rulesets that we need to test!
- Josh

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:27 pm

jlopatin wrote:I would be willing to give it a try. There are some parts of that ruleset that seem a little over complicated. I have a half dozen different pirate rulesets that we need to test!

Maybe next meeting we could try something piratey since Jon will not be available to GM.

What rulesets do you have? We might want to cut that list back a bit before we start playing. I recall the last time we tried a bunch of rulesets before our post-apoc campaign it killed the excitement for the campaign.

I might have flashing steel also, though not having any pirate minis of my own I'm not attached to any particular piratical ruleset.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Return to “Photo Gallery”